It is always important for a parent to keep track of their child's activity. Currently, parents can view a child's progress in Khan Academy by following these steps:
- Click on your name in the top-right corner, for a drop-down menu to come up
- Select Add child or Your children
- Choose the child who you want to review the progress for by clicking on View summary under the child's name
- In this screen, you can click on View profile or View full progress report
Note: Clicking on either option will take you to your child's dashboard where you can navigate through the different tabs
Child's progress overview
In each of the tabs available, you will find valuable information for you to keep track of your child's progress.
This is what you will find on each tab:
- On the Profile tab you will find the following information:
- Amount of badges earned per badge type
- Computer Science projects created by or modified by your child
- Recent activity such as videos viewed exercises done, or badges earned recently
- The number of days your child has consecutively worked in Khan Academy (a.k.a. Streak)
- Some statistics such as date joined, total amount of energy points, and total amount of videos watched
- On the Badges tab you can check the following information:
- Badges earned and the description on how it was earned
- Badges not earned and the description on how to earn it
- On the Progress tab you will find information on:
- Which math skills are in each level (struggling, practiced, level1, level2, mastered)
- Name of the videos watched and the amount of time spent watching videos for each date
- Activity per day, showing what skills were worked on, what videos were watched, and how many energy points were earned for each day
- Breakdown per videos and skills. Showing how many problems were done or videos were watched for a specific skill.
- The Projects tab will show any project your child has worked on.
- The Coaches tab will show your child's current coaches and the place to add a new coach or a new class.
Note: If you would like to assign content to your child you will need to go through the process of a coach.