How do I get registered to use the Khan Academy translation tools?
- Make sure you read and understand the difference between the Translation Portal and Crowdin, and how you will use these sites as an advocate.
- Go to Crowdin.com and register for the ‘Official Khan Academy Translation Project’ (if you don't see your language within this project, that means your language is completely new. Don't worry- we'll be setting it up!)
- Send an email to email@example.com with your Crowdin user name. Use the subject heading [Attention Jessica: Crowdin user name].
- Look out for an invitation to manage the Khan Academy Youtube channel for your language. We use Youtube to host and subtitle our videos (your translators will access subtitling via the Translation Portal, but the advocate needs to manage the Youtube channel we provide).
- Look out for invitations to join our Google Group for Advocates and Facebook page.
- Register for our wiki (there will be a link on the upper right).
While you are getting all of this done, the Khan Academy localization team will be setting you up from our end!
As soon as the registration process is completed, you can start translating videos and written text!