Ten steps to launch your language project!
1. Access the Translation Portal and Crowdin project page for your language. Get a sense of what has already been translated for your team (there may have been an active group that has completed some translations, most likely videos and/or subtitles).
2. Read about the stages/milestones for our translation teams here. Think about what you might like to accomplish over the next few months (remember, you can take it slowly while your team builds up!).
5. Start curating the YouTube channel that we provide. Upload and map your demo video!
6. Open your channels of communication: introduce yourself on our Advocate Community Communication tools (e.g. advocate forum, Khan Academy Translators Facebook page); or possibly create a Facebook page for your language translation project.
7. Determine how you will select new applicants (applications will be routed to the email that you provided us). We recommend asking for a sample video and assessing it in accordance with these guidelines.
8. Create a welcome/training document for your new volunteers (include links to the Khan Academy Zendesk!)
9. Create a workflow for yourself that includes time for the following essential advocate duties.
10. Congratulate yourself for being such an amazing person and contributing to a great mission!