Log in to the parent account, and then go to www.khanacademy.org/createchild to create a child account.
Some features are restricted or modified on child accounts to help protect the child’s privacy. You can learn more about these restrictions here. A few of the most notable differences are:
- The parent who creates the child account becomes the child’s permanent coach.
- The child cannot enter certain information (e.g., email, full name) in their profile, nor make their profile public.
- The parent account has the option of disabling other coaches from gaining access to the child’s Khan Academy progress information.
- The parent manages the child’s password and can change it at any time for any reason.
- The child cannot post public messages in discussion forums.
Child accounts are reserved solely for the use by a parent or legal guardian of a child. Violation of this policy may result in deletion of the account entirely.
Accounts created by logging in through Google Apps for Education have access to all of the site's features.
- If my child is under age 13, what login options are there?
- How do I add additional coaches for a child account?
Last updated October 13, 2017