Log in with the parent account, and then go to www.khanacademy.org/createchild to create a child account.
Some features are restricted or modified on child accounts to help protect the child’s privacy. You can learn more about these restrictions here. A few of the most notable differences are:
- The parent who creates the child account becomes the child’s permanent coach.
- The child cannot enter certain information (e.g., email, full name) in their profile, nor make their profile public.
- The parent account has the option of disabling other coaches from gaining access to the child’s Khan Academy progress information.
- The parent manages the child’s password and can change it at any time for any reason.
- The child cannot post public messages in discussion forums.
Child accounts are reserved solely for the use by a parent or legal guardian of a child. Violation of this policy may result in deletion of the account entirely.
Accounts created by logging in through Google Apps for Education have access to all of the site's features. However, schools can choose to restrict these accounts. You can learn more here.