Parents can choose to allow or disallow the addition of other coaches to their child's account (coaches can view a child's Khan Academy progress information). Additional coaches on child accounts are allowed by default in case your child's teacher, tutor, or another friend or family member is going to help coach them on Khan Academy. If you create an account for your child, you will have the option to disable this option upon creation, or in your child's Settings (see below).
To add a coach
- Log in to your parent account and click your name at the top right. Choose Settings from the menu.
- On your Settings page, scroll down to Child accounts and click the Settings button next to your child's username:
- On your child's Settings, scroll down to Coaches and click Visit the Coaches tab on your child's profile.
- Add the coach to the child account by entering the class code or the teacher's email address.
To remove a coach from your child's account
- Follow the first three steps above in the "To add a coach" instructions.
- Click "Remove" to the right of the coach you want to remove.
- If you have allowed the child to add other coaches, you may have to disallow it by removing the ticking of the box "Allow your child to add other coaches" to prevent the child adding the coach back.
Note: You cannot delete yourself as the coach of your own child, as a parent is always a coach.
To enable or disable the add-other-coaches setting
Follow the first two steps above.
- On your child's Settings page, scroll down to "Coaches" and turn on the "Can add coaches" option: