Or how do I remove a coach for my child?
Parent accounts have the option of enabling or disabling additional coaches to view their children’s Khan Academy progress information. Child accounts created by a parent or guardian are set up to default to allow only the parent/guardian account as a coach.
To retain control of who is added as a coach:
- First login to your (parent) account and click your name at the top right. Choose "Settings" from that menu.
- On your Settings page, scroll down to "Child accounts" and click the "Settings" button next to your child's username:
- Now on your child's Settings, scroll down to "Coaches" and click "Visit the Coaches tab on your child's profile".
- Add the coach to the child account yourself by inserting the class code or the teacher's email address.
To allow your child to add coaches:
Follow steps 1 and 2 above.
- On your child's Settings page, scroll down to "Coaches" and turn on the "Can add coaches" option:
- Log out of your parent account (from the menu under your name in the upper right, choose "Log out").
- Let your child log in and follow the instructions to Add a coach.
To remove a coach from your child:
- Follow the steps 1, 2 and 3 under "To retain control...".
- Click "Remove" to the right of the coach you want to remove.
- If you have allowed the child to add other coaches, you may have to disallow it by removing the ticking of the box "Allow your child to add other coaches" to prevent the child adding the coach back.
Note: You cannot delete yourself as the coach of your own child, as a parent is always a coach.
- If my child is under age 13, what login options are there?
- How are child accounts different than regular accounts?
- What is a coach?
- How do I add a coach?