Khan Academy is a 501(3)(c) nonprofit with the mission of providing a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere.
We believe learners of all ages should have unlimited access to free educational content they can master at their own pace. We use intelligent software, deep data analytics, and intuitive user interfaces to help students and teachers around the world.
Khan Academy reaches all corners of the globe. While 70% of our students are from the United States, the rest hail from countries like India, Brazil, Mexico, South Africa and beyond. Our resources are being translated into more than 36 languages, and we have full Spanish, French, Brazilian Portuguese, Hindi, Polish, German and Turkish versions of our site, too.
We have delivered more than one billion lessons and learners have completed more than eight billion exercise problems. Khan Academy has more than 57 million registered users (many more use our site without registering).
Our resources cover preschool learning, math, biology, chemistry, physics, economics and finance, history, grammar, and more. We offer free personalized SAT prep in partnership with the test developer, the College Board. Khan Academy is the official practice partner for AP.
Khan Academy was founded by Salman Khan in 2008, and has a team of 150 full-time staff.
Remember, you can learn anything.
- Khan Academy Launches First-Ever National LearnStorm Education Challenge
- New Data Links 20 Hours of Personalized Official SAT Practice on Khan Academy to 115-Point Average Score Gains on Redesigned SAT
- Khan Academy Announces Free LSAT Prep for All
- Khan Academy and Pixar Animation Studios Offer Free Lessons About Storytelling
- Khan Academy Adds Preschool Education
- Khan Academy Unwraps Pixar in a Box in Spanish
- Khan Academy Unwraps Pixar in a Box in Portuguese
- Khan Academy launches Pixar in a Box, a behind-the-scenes look at Pixar Animation Studios' creative process
- Free, Personalized Practice for the Redesigned SAT Now Available for All Students on KhanAcademy.org
- Sal Khan
- Classrooms using Khan Academy (images courtesy the J.A. and Kathryn Albertson Family Foundation)
Videos about Khan Academy in the Classroom (courtesy Khan Academy)
- Student ownership of learning in my classroom (video)
- Stories from students and teachers (article)
- 7th grade class - Kuna Middle School, Idaho (video)
- 9th grade class - Oakland Unity High School, California (video)
- For information on permitted use of our logo, see our Trademark and Brand Usage Policy.
Follow us on...
Updated September 2017
Privacy notice updated June 10, 2015