A free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere.
We are Khan Academy, a non-profit that provides free online materials and resources to support personalized education for learners of all ages.
Khan Academy serves to inspire, instruct and guide our users' learning. Our platform contains practice exercises, instructional videos, dashboard analytics and teacher tools which empower learners in and outside of the classroom to study at their own pace. Our learning experience adapts to each individual, helps them to see their progress and goals, creates personalized recommendations about what to learn next and motivates them to master the skills they seek.
We reach all corners of the globe. While 70% of our students are from the United States, the rest hail from countries like India, Brazil, Mexico, South Africa and beyond. Our resources are being translated into more than 36 languages, and we have full Spanish, French and Brazilian Portuguese versions of our site, too.
We have delivered over 580 million lessons and learners have completed over 3.8 billion exercise problems (which is around 4 million per day!). In addition we have over one million registered teachers around the world who use Khan Academy in their classrooms to help to inspire, motivate and guide students through their learning paths.
Khan Academy covers subjects from basic math to physics, biology, economics, art history, computer science, health and medicine and more. We've also partnered with institutions like NASA, The Museum of Modern Art, The California Academy of Sciences and MIT to offer specialized content.
Khan Academy was founded by Salman Khan in 2008, and has a team of around 100 full-time staff.
- Khan Academy Adds Preschool Education
- Khan Academy Unwraps Pixar in a Box in Spanish
- Khan Academy Unwraps Pixar in a Box in Portuguese
- Khan Academy launches Pixar in a Box, a behind-the-scenes look at Pixar Animation Studios' creative process
- Free, Personalized Practice for the Redesigned SAT Now Available for All Students on KhanAcademy.org
- Sal Khan
- Classrooms using Khan Academy (images courtesy the J.A. and Kathryn Albertson Family Foundation)
Videos about Khan Academy in the Classroom (courtesy Khan Academy)
- Student ownership of learning in my classroom (video)
- Stories from students and teachers (article)
- 7th grade class - Kuna Middle School, Idaho (video)
- 9th grade class - Oakland Unity High School, California (video)
- Our logo (For information on permitted use of this logo, see our Trademark and Brand Usage Policy.)
Follow us on...
Updated August 2016
Privacy notice updated June 10, 2015