A free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere.
We are Khan Academy, a non-profit that provides free online materials and resources to support personalized education for learners of all ages.
Khan Academy serves to inspire, instruct and guide our users' learning. Our platform contains practice exercises, instructional videos, dashboard analytics and teacher tools which empower learners in and outside of the classroom to study at their own pace. Our learning experience adapts to each individual, helps them to see their progress and goals, creates personalized recommendations about what to learn next and motivates them to master the skills they seek.
We reach all corners of the globe. While 60% of our students are from the United States, the rest hail from countries like India, Brazil, Mexico, South Africa and beyond. We have video lessons translated into 28 languages and counting, and we have full Spanish, French and Brazilian Portuguese versions of our site, too.
To date, we have delivered over 400 million lessons and learners have completed over 2.5 billion exercise problems (which is around 4 million per day!). In addition we have 500 000 registered teachers around the world who use Khan Academy in their classrooms to help to inspire, motivate and guide students through their learning paths.
Khan Academy covers subjects from basic Math to Physics, Biology, Economics, Art History, Computer Science, Health and Medicine and more. We've also partnered with institutions like NASA, The Museum of Modern Art, The California Academy of Sciences and MIT to offer specialized content.
We were founded by Salman Khan in 2008, and now have a team of around 60 full-time staff.
- Sal Khan
- Classrooms using Khan Academy (images courtesy of the J.A. and Kathryn Albertson Foundation)
Videos about Khan Academy in the Classroom (courtesy of Khan Academy)
- An educator's perspective: Why I use Khan Academy (video)
- Overviews of different K-12 classrooms (articles and videos)
- 7th grade class - Kuna Middle School, Idaho (video)
- 9th grade class - Oakland Unity High School, California (video)
- Our team
- Our logo (For information on permitted use of this logo, see our Trademark and Brand Usage Policy.)
Follow us on...
- Free, Personalized Practice for the Redesigned SAT Now Available for All Students on KhanAcademy.org
Press and Speaker enquiries
Updated as of September 2014.
Privacy Notice, updated as of May 8, 2014.