We want to give you the best tips and tricks for reporting issues so you can submit a flawless bug report! This will help us build a better learning experience for you.
Our developers will have a few questions, and the best feedback and bug reports answer these in the initial message:
- Where were you when you found this idea/bug? (Provide a URL)
- What were you expecting to happen?
- What actually happened?
- If you reload your page, is the problem fixed?
- Did you find a workaround?
- A screenshot of the issue will be very helpful. Here's more information about how to take a screenshot.
For example, if you can't log in for some reason, it won't help too much if you post:
"ARGGG!!!! I can't log in. Help!"
Instead, take a look at the questions above. A response that will enable us to help you may sound something like this:
- "When I was on the homepage (https://www.khanacademy.org/), I clicked on the 'Sign In with Facebook' button. I expected to see a page to log into Facebook; Instead, the page went black. I reloaded the page, tried again, and it happened a second time."
As for workarounds, we'd love to know if your problem is limited to one browser, or if you were able to access the functionality elsewhere on the site, for example:
- "I had this problem in Chrome, but not in Firefox."
- "Changing from Chrome to Firefox and clearing my cache/cookies/history did not make a difference, but I was able to log in using the ordinary Khan Academy login."
We know that not all users are able to try different browsers, but if you have tried something that also didn't work, we'd like to know that, too. You can always report a problem describing the steps you took (with screenshots, if possible!).