- Regularly review, take action on, and empty the flagged content at http://www.khanacademy.org/discussion/mod/flaggedfeedback
- Any posts with a flag count at our safety threshold (3 flags) will be immediately hidden until examined by a moderator.
- Our automated low-quality detection system hides posts marking them with 3 flags. The system is not perfect, and we're needed to fish out valid posts.
- If a post has legit flags, delete the post. Guardian-deleted content is recoverable.
- If a post is ok, clear the flags/mark it approved.
- Move questions that are in the comments section to the questions section and vice versa. If a post is both in the wrong category and very low quality, it can simply be deleted.
- Encourage users to move any problem reports, web apps, and video suggestions, to the issue tracker until we have a way of tracking them separately in the discussion system. If the person has written a question, you can post an answer to direct them and then delete their question, which will hide it from the community.
- Edit content when necessary. If a post is useful but in all caps or has spelling mistakes or a dozen question marks, we correct it. If it is useful but asking for votes, we remove the part that asks for votes. You can also reword questions to make them better.
- Generally, keep an eye out for wanted or unwanted behavioral trends so we can adjust the software to support our desired type of community.
- Send a message (via a user's profile) to users who have been participating in a discussion but have made off-topic posts, such as chit-chat, repeated vote/badge seeking, or homework questions.
- Hellban users who are spamming the site or being abusive/offensive toward others, and who haven't already shown a significant capacity for making great posts. Khan Academy employee moderators have permission to hellban, you can contact them with recommendations of users to hellban. A hellban hides all of the user's current and future posts from the site, though when they are logged in, it appears that all of their posts are there.
Interested? We'd love to hear from you HERE.
Last updated October 14, 2017