We can always use more helpful folks answering questions and offering tips on using Khan Academy in our Support Community!
The Support Advocate program is an initiative designed to connect active Khan Academy members with people who could use their help. The goal is for everyone needing help to be able to find it from other users in Khan Academy Support Community. Through our dedicated Support Advocates, we want to leverage the passion and knowledge of the Khan Academy community to provide peer support for users seeking help.
Qualities we’re looking for in Support Advocates
- A desire to help others. Above all, this role is about helping others achieve their learning goals. People come to Khan Academy for a number of different reasons, and it’s up to us to help them find what they need.
- Passion. A passion for Khan Academy’s mission to improve access to high-quality education.
- Experience with the Support Community and Khan Academy. Having familiarity with the platform and the skills to find answers to the things you don’t know.
- Patience and empathy. Taking the time to listen and truly understand someone’s problem creates the most valuable experience - even if we’re not able to ultimately fix their issue.
Requirements for Support Advocates
- Consistent contributions to the Khan Academy community in the form of answering questions, contributing to discussions, and high-quality comments. This ensures that incoming Support Advocates are familiar with the Khan Academy platform and community and have experience contributing great answers and feedback.
- A record free of any bans or repeated bad behavior, such as plagiarism, vote soliciting or spamming for at least six months. Support Advocates should be aware of what constitutes good behavior according to KA guidelines so they can set a good example for others and demonstrate good judgement when helping the community.
Responsibilities for Support Advocates
- Answer community questions about navigating the site
- Offer advice and tips about the ways to get the most out of Khan Academy
- Escalate new technical issues to the Khan Academy team.
- Escalate popular or particularly insightful ideas.
- Give feedback on early features or site changes
Apply via the Khan Academy Support Advocate Application so we can follow up with you about your interest in helping the Khan Academy community.
Last updated October 26, 2017