Sometimes the console window contains information about errors on a web page. This article will help you on how to open the console window of different browsers.
Start at the page where you are experiencing the problems. Follow the instructions below and take a screenshot. Attach the screenshot to your Help request e-mail. If there are too many errors to fit in the screenshot, please copy-paste to the e-mail.
- Click the button with three vertical dots up in the upper right-hand corner
- Click More tools, and then Developer tools
- Make sure the tab in the half-window that appears is set to Console
If there are any errors they will be visible in red letters. There will also be a white x on a red dot and a number after it to tell how many errors have been registered.
If there is more than one error you can open the console into separate windows by clicking on the three vertical bars to the left of the x that closes the console window. This will open a drop-down menu, to the right of Dock Side you will see three options, select the one that states Undock into separate window when highlighted by your cursor.
- Click the button with three horizontal bars in the upper right-hand corner
- Click Developer
- Click Browser Console
- Click on the Cog Wheel in the upper right-hand corner
- Click F12 Developer Tools
- Make sure the tab is set to Console