Your Khan Academy profile includes your name (as you wish it to appear on the site), your unique username, several “widgets” showing your accomplishments, your discussion posts, and the programs you've created with Khan Academy's computer programming tools. It's also where you can add or remove coaches.
If you are age 13 or older, you can choose who's able to see each widget on your profile and whether you'd like to include a brief biography and location. If you are under 13, only your parent can edit the information on your profile.
- Log in to your account at khanacademy.org. If you do not see the option Edit your profile (outlined in red above), click your Nickname up in the right hand corner and a drop down menu will appear. You can now click Profile in the drop down menu.
- Click either Edit Profile, or the area on the left which turns up grey when you hover the mouse over it. This will produce a window called Edit basic info. Remember that everyone can see this information.
- Edit your profile to change your name, location or biography, and click Save at the bottom of the form.
- If you want to change who can see your Showcase, Badge Counts, Recent activity or Streak, hover your mouse over Coaches/Everyone in the upper right corner of your Showcase. Click in the drop down menu to select.
- Switch to a different tab to see different information. For example…
- Home takes you back to your homepage.
- Programs shows the programs you’ve created with our computer programming curriculum.
- On the Coaches tab, you can…
- See a list of your current coaches
- Accept pending coach requests
- Remove coaches
- Add a coach or parent for yourself