Important Note: If you plan/need to login with OAuth options, you will need to ensure that you are syncing from a browser that has the correct OAuth credentials for the new account and not somebody else's credentials. Failure to do so will result in the connection of the new account to another user's information. As a result, when you try to log in in the future, you will be logged in to another user's account.
Also note that at the end of each school year, it is important that coaches delete the courses from that year so that the integration will work for the following year (having courses or sections with the same name or IDs can prevent the integration from working properly in the future). It is also helpful for teachers to remove students they will no longer be teaching from their rosters to prevent overload or complications with students adding other teachers.
Finally, it is possible to make any changes that you could make with any other Khan Academy account once they have been set up through Clever. If you're having trouble, please begin by contacting Clever's help center here.
Follow these steps in order to successfully integrate your Khan Academy with Clever:
- Have your Clever administrator upload student data into Clever at: https://schools.clever.com/settings/system/upload. Note that currently Khan Academy does not support administrator accounts, but this data will create or connect to teacher and student accounts.
- Based on enrollments.csv, teachers.csv, and students.csv, when you first log into Khan Academy, students’ data will automatically be added to your class. If new students are added to your class, your Clever administrator will have to update students.csv before your new student will be able to log in with Clever. Have your teacher use Clever to log into Khan Academy through the Clever portal.
- When you log in, you will arrive on your Khan Academy Coach Dashboard where you can see the classes automatically generated from the data inputted in Step 1. Before students log into Khan Academy, all students will be displayed as ‘Clever Student’. The displayed ‘Clever Student’ will change to the user’s username once they log in.
- Now, have your students log into Khan Academy through the Clever Portal.
- If your student is younger than 13 in Clever’s system, your student will have to input their parent’s email. Make sure they have their parent’s correct email entered.
- After your students log in and have their Clever account integrate with an existing Khan account, or create a new one, their displayed names will change on the dashboard.
- Your students by default will be assigned a user nickname similar to “John508” (student’s first name or first letter of first name plus random numbers). If your student is younger than 13, their parent will have to create their own parent account to change the student’s username by following the link in the received email from Step 5. If the student is older than 13, they can change their username in their settings.
- Regardless, teachers can change their students' display names in their roster.
What if I don't see a student in the correct class?
If you do not a see a student in your class after they have signed up for an account, please check your All Students tab for your student and add your student to the correct class from there.
- If your student is not listed on your All Students tab, please have them enter your Class Code (see picture above) on the Coaches tab on their profile. This code can also be found on the class page in the top-right corner.
- If your student is unable to enter your class code, have the parent create their own account by following the link in the email they received from Step 5. Then the parent should navigate to their children’s settings and set “Can add other coaches” to ON then the student will be able to enter your class code. If the parent does not do this, the student will NOT be able to be added to your class.
- Users cannot add an email to a child account (age under 13) created with Clever. The student must log in with Clever to log into Khan Academy. If the student loses access to their Khan Academy or Clever account, their parent can reset their password for them. If they are still having trouble, the parent can file a support ticket here requesting additional assistance.
- Teachers - please go to our Khan Academy Help Center to learn how to customize your classes and assign exercises to your students.
- If you have questions on how to use the Clever system please write in here. When contacting Khan Academy support, please provide the email, username, or kaid associated with the account(s) in question; we are NOT able to identify accounts using Clever IDs or student or teacher numbers.
If you have any issues, refer to Clever's Help Center for more information. There is no need to create a new Khan Academy account to use with Clever. It can be integrated with pre-existing accounts.