- Have your Clever administrator upload student data into Clever: at https://schools.clever.com/settings/system/upload.
- Based on enrollments.csv, teachers.csv, and students.csv, when your teacher first logs into Khan Academy, students’ data will automatically be added to your class. If new students are added to your class, your Clever administrator will have to update students.csv before your new student will be able to log in with Clever.
- Have your teacher use Clever to log into Khan Academy through the Clever portal.
- When your teacher logs in, they will arrive on their Khan Academy Coach Dashboard where they can see the classes automatically generated from the data inputted in Step 1. Before their students log into Khan Academy, all students will be displayed as ‘Clever Student’. The displayed ‘Clever Student’ will change to the user’s username once they log in.
- Now, have your students log into Khan Academy through the Clever Portal.
- If your student is under 13 in Clever’s system, your student will have to input their parent’s email. Make sure they have their parent’s correct email entered.
- After your students choose to merge their Clever account with an existing account, or create a new one, their displayed names will change on the teacher’s dashboard.
- Your Student by default will be assigned a user nickname similar to “John508” (your student’s first name plus three random numbers). If your student is under 13, their parent will have to create their own parent account to change the student’s displayed username by following the link in the received email from Step 5. If the student is over 13, they can change their username in their settings.
Student not in your class?
- If you do not a see a student in your class after they have signed up for an account, please check your ‘All Students’ tab for your student and add your student to the correct class from there.
- If your student is not listed on your ‘All Students’ tab, please have them enter your ‘Class Code’ (see picture above) on the ‘Coaches’ tab on their profile.
- If your student is unable to enter your class code, have the parent create their own account by following the link in the email they received from Step 5. Then the parent should navigate to their children’s settings and set “Can add other coaches” to ON then the student will be able to enter your class code. If the parent does not do this, the student will NOT be able to be added to your class.
- Users cannot add an email to a child account (age under 13) created with Clever. The student must log in with Clever to log into Khan Academy. If the student loses access to their Khan Academy or Clever account, their parent can reset their password for them. If they are still having trouble, the parent can file a support ticket HERE requesting additional assistance.
- Teachers - please go to our Khan Academy Coach Help Center to learn how to customize your classes and assign exercises to your students.
- If you have questions on how to use the Clever system please write in HERE
If you have any issues, refer to Clever's Help Center for more information.
There is no need to create a new Khan Academy account to use with Clever. It can be integrated with pre-existing accounts.
You can find other ways to create student accounts here.