Which account settings can you edit?
If you are age 13 or over, you can use your Khan Academy account settings page to…
- Change your name (as you wish it to appear on the site), unique username, password, primary language, sound effect settings and video autoplay settings
- Connect/disconnect your KA account to a Google, Facebook, or email account
- Choose your KA homepage
- Specify your school
- Adjust your email preferences
- Permanently delete your KA account
Edit your account settings
1. Once logged in to your Khan Academy account, click your name at the top right. A menu will open.
2. Click “Settings.”
3. The “Account” tab contains several sections, such as…
- Real name: the name your coaches and friends see
- Username: used for logging in
- Primary language: We’ll show you content in this language.
- Sound effects: Choose whether you’d like to hear celebratory sounds when you achieve something.
- Video auto-continue: Choose whether you'd like to continue directly to the next video after playing one though.
- Password: change your password
- Linked accounts: Connect your KA account to a Google, Facebook, or email account. You can also disconnect accounts.
- Connect to CollegeBoard.org: Keep your Khan Academy account updated with your official SAT, PSAT/NMSQT®, PSAT 10, or PSAT 8/9 scores.
- SAT extended time accommodation: sections and time
- Accessibility: For visually impaired, hide content that requires a mouse to interact with the screen.
- Mobile phone number: if you would like to receive text message notifications for certain events
- Roles: Choose your KA homepage (learner, parent, or coach).
- Public profile information: Specify your school (requires school ZIP code).
- Delete account: Permanently delete your KA account.
4. Use the “Email” tab to choose what kinds of messages you receive from KA. You can also choose which email address these messages go to or unsubscribe from all messages.
If you are under 13, only your parent can edit your account settings.
Download these instructions as a PDF (older version)