Creating a class on Khan Academy will allow you to look at your students' progress within coach reports. This is primarily useful for coaches who teach math or computer programming.
Here's how you add a class:
- Log in to your account at khanacademy.org. Once logged in, click your name at the top right.
- Click "Add students" or "Your students".
- Click the green "Add a class" button.
Note: You may need to scroll to the bottom of your teacher homepage to find it.
- Follow the prompts to name your class (i.e. 7th grade math - Period 2) and choose a mission*, or area of focus.
*Note : What does selecting a mission for your class do?
- It simply recommends this mission to the students in this class within their notifications. Students can either choose to start the mission or ignore the recommendation.
- Your 'coach' reports for this class will default to showing student progress in this mission. It does not limit your students from starting another mission that has not been recommended to them either. If you want to change your class's mission, check out this how-to.
Yay, you're almost done!
Now, you should see a couple of different options to add your students (highlighted in orange).
Follow the prompt of your choice to add your students.
If you need more information about adding your students, check out this step-by-step guide.