At Khan Academy, we strive to continually update and improve our content. Here are some changes to math missions. All changes are scheduled for release on August 14th.
How is each math mission changing?
- Algebra basics, arithmetic, and pre-algebra: Making significant enhancements to existing skills, adding/removing some skills, and renaming arithmetic as "Arithmetic essentials"
- AP Calculus AB and BC: New classes
- Differential and integral calculus: Releasing major enhancements, roughly doubling the number of skills
- Geometry: Renaming as "High school geometry"
- Integrated math 1, 2, and 3: New classes aligned to Common Core high school standards
- Probability and statistics: Renaming as "High school probability and statistics", trimming down the scope to tightly align with high school Common Core standards, and adding some new exercises
Why is Khan Academy making changes to math missions?
We’re always working to improve our math missions. Whether improving existing exercises, adding new exercises, or trimming down a mission to make it more focused, our goal is simple: make it easier for students to learn.
Our calculus mission changes are particularly large, so they deserve special explanation. Our existing calculus missions mix many skills at different difficulty levels into a single learning experience. The new and improved missions are more focused, allowing you to learn and master one concept at a time.
Our statistics mission changes are also significant and worthy of special explanation. Our old mission covered all of statistics from middle school through early college. Our new mission is trimmed down, now focused exclusively on high school statistics. Don't worry, we haven't removed any content from the site. If you're looking for a specific exercise or video, you'll still be able to find it outside the mission.
Other missions changed too, but not as much as calculus and statistics. If you have questions about any changes, contact us through our help center.
Why is my mission progress percentage changing?
Don’t worry - we haven’t lost track of which exercises you’ve completed. However, we’re adding new exercises to some math missions and removing exercises from others. As a result, your mission progress percentage may change.
Will there be more changes to math missions in the future?
We’re always working to improve our math missions. When we make updates, we'll communicate them as best we can.
Thank you for learning math with us on Khan Academy!
- The Khan Academy team