Each language team has one advocate. We have more than 20 advocates now. They take charge of the translation team in their language. Here is a list of all the advocates. If your language is not listed and you want to take ownership of the translation effort for your language, read on...
Please note this is a volunteer position.
1. Ensure quality and effectiveness
The Advocate accomplishes his/her primary responsibility of quality control of translations by:
- Reviewing initial applications from applicant translators and selecting volunteers
- Giving appropriate feedback and suggestions to translators
- Reviewing dubbed videos and subtitles on an ongoing basis and soliciting reviews
- Curating the YouTube channel
2. Coordinate with the translation team
The Advocate coordinates with the KA Translations Team and Advocates for other languages to share data and ideas by:
- Managing a shared spreadsheet where translated videos are mapped to original videos
- Coordinating ongoing translation efforts to ensure progression through the core playlists
- Participating in the Advocate discussion forum to share ideas and ensure consistency across languages
3. Engage volunteers
The Advocate engages and manages the volunteer community for a particular language by:
- Reaching out to volunteers who have expressed interest online
- Explaining the mechanisms for translating (subtitles or overdubbing) to new volunteers
- Managing a Google group for volunteers in that language
- Sharing instructions, resources, and news about the translation effort via the Google group
- Administering a Facebook page (or other social media) for the specific translator community
If you are still interested in becoming your language's Advocate, and have at least 4 hours per week to commit to the project, please fill out the Language Advocate application form, and then email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Completed Advocate Application (name of your language)” in the subject.