Each language team has one advocate. We have more than 20 advocates now. They take charge of the translation team in their language. Here is a list of all the advocates. If your language is not listed and you want to take ownership of the translation effort for your language, you should contact firstname.lastname@example.org with “Advocate Application (name of your language)” in the subject. We will respond as soon as possible to start the application process.
Ensure quality and effectiveness
The Advocate accomplishes his/her primary responsibility of quality control of translations by:
- Reviewing initial applications from applicant translators and selecting volunteers.
- Giving appropriate feedback and suggestions to translators.
- Reviewing dubbed videos and subtitles on an ongoing basis and soliciting reviews.
- Curating the YouTube channel.
Coordinate with the translation team
The Advocate coordinates with the KA Translations Team and Advocates for other languages to share data and ideas by:
- Managing a shared spreadsheet where translated videos are mapped to original videos
- Coordinating ongoing translation efforts to ensure progression through the core playlists
- Participating in the Advocate discussion forum to share ideas and ensure consistency across languages
The Advocate engages and manages the volunteer community for a particular language by:
- Reaching out to volunteers who have expressed interest online
- Explaining the mechanisms for translating (subtitles or overdubbing) to new volunteers
- Managing a Google group for volunteers in that language
- Sharing instructions, resources, and news about the translation effort via the Google group
- Administering a Facebook page (or other social media) for the specific translator community