We encourage you to apply if you:
- Have content knowledge and fluency in English and a local language
- Have Khan Academy experience (have watched a few of our videos, read several articles or done a few exercises before)
- Commit a few hours every week
If you have checked the above prerequisites of translators and still interested in translating our content, you can apply through following steps.
- Go to the Language Advocates list and check if your language is listed. The languages on the list are languages that already have active projects. See what Language Advocates do here.
- If you find your language on the list, you should apply through the application form on Wufoo. This will help us get to know you a little better, and potentially connect you to existing efforts underway for translation into your language interest. You will immediately receive an email with more information after the application has been submitted. To start translating, you can read this article.
- If your language is not listed and you want to take ownership of the translation effort for your language, you should contact firstname.lastname@example.org and ask about being a Language Advocate a) with “apply for the advocate - language not listed” in the subject; b) attaching three KA videos that you dubbed/recreated; and c) telling us what your language is and how much time you can commit. Then we can approve your request.
Last updated October 14, 2017