To translate subtitles, Khan Academy translators use YouTube’s Fan Captions tool. This allows you to take the existing English-language captions, and translate the text into your language. To subtitle, following these steps.
- Go to Khan Academy Translation Portal, and select your language.
- Select “Subtitles” from the menu on the left.
- Choose a subject, for example, "Math", and then select a video (see goals and milestones here) on the right that needs to be translated.
- This will bring you to YouTube’s Fan Captions tool. If there are no English captions to translate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can start to translate now! For more functions, follow the directions displayed in this video starting at 0:22 to get started.
6.it'll automatically be published when it gets enough reviews.
Last updated October 27, 2017