This concerns instances where the user has watched the video in a browser, and where there is evidence in the Activity tab that the video was played.
A number of users have reported that after fully watching a video, sometimes the video menu does not display the "watched" color for the bullet in front of the video name. Usually the bullet is pale as if only parts of the video was watched. Sometimes no color change is visible.
Possible workaround: One user has reported that when this happens, watching the video in full screen will cause the menu button to show the right color.
Reporting this issue: If you think you have this problem, please send a Help request containing answers to the questions below (or as many of them that you can reply to):
- What is the url to at least one video where this was happening?
- What is the current color of the menu bullet?
- When you were watching this, were you having several browsers open on Khan Academy, and is it possible that you logged out of one browser while watching the video?
- What happens if you try to watch the video in another browser (if possible)?
- Did you see any indication that the video was “different” from what you usually see? Any background colors or frames or messages that were not as you are used to?
- If so a screenshot, and pointing out the difference would be very helpful.
- Are there any red colored errors in the Console report and if so what do they say?
- Does the suggested workaround help?
We apologize for the issue.
Internal ticket number: 217498390467620
Nov. 28th 2016