This concerns instances where the user has watched the video in a browser, and where there is evidence in the Activity tab that the video was played.
A number of users have reported that after fully watching a video, the video menu sometimes does not display the watched status of the video (blue bar at the bottom of the icon) or the checkmark above it indicating that it has been completed. Usually, the blue bar doesn't go across the bottom of the square completely.
- One user has reported that when this happens, watching the video in full screen will cause the blue bar to go across the bottom of the icon completely and the checkmark above it to appear.
- Another user reported that switching to Google Chrome or clearing the cache and cookies on your preferred browser will cause the video completion to be fully recorded.
Reporting this issue: If you have this problem, please send a Help request containing answers to the questions below (or as many of them that you can reply to):
- What is the URL to at least one video where this is happening?
- Is the blue bar crossing the bottom of the video's icon completely?
- Does the video icon has the checkmark above it?
- When you were watching the video, did you have several browsers open on Khan Academy, and is it possible that you logged out of one browser while watching the video?
- What happens if you try to watch the video in another browser (if possible)?
- Did you see any indication that the video was “different” from what you usually see? Any background colors, frames, or messages that were not as you are used to? If so a screenshot pointing out the difference would be very helpful.
- Are there any red-colored errors in the Console report and, if so, what do they say?
- Does the suggested workaround help?
Thank you for helping us improve Khan Academy!