We’re delighted to announce the new Content tab--a feature based on feedback from Khan Academy teachers everywhere that will make Khan Academy’s coach tools significantly easier to use. With the Content tab, teachers will be able to:
- See an entire subject in a single page.
- Preview content, including all of the problems in a given exercise, quiz, and unit test.
- Make assignments directly from the Content tab to whole classes, individuals, or groups of students.
- Make a single assignment with multiple pieces of content.
The Content tab allows you to see your class’s content from within the teacher dashboard. You can drill down by expanding and collapsing topics, can easily toggle between subjects, and can preview all of the problems in an exercise.
To access the content tab please follow these steps:
- Access your Coach Dashboard
- Click on a class
- Click on the Content tab located before the Assignments tab
In short, teachers will be able to:
- Find all videos, exercises, and articles on one page on their dashboard. English teachers will also be able to find tests and quizzes on this page.
- Assign directly from the content page to whole classes, individuals, or groups of students.
- Assign multiple pieces of content at once (as long as all simultaneously assigned content has same assignees and due date).
- Preview all content, including all of the problems in a given exercise, quiz, or unit test.
- Toggle easily between multiple subjects.
And students will now:
- Have a grouped notification in their email and web notifications when multiple assignments are given at once.
- Receive push notifications if using an Android device.
- Get a Saturday reminder email listing all the upcoming assignments they have due that week.
A huge thanks to those of you who wrote (and continue to write) to us about the teaching-with-Khan-Academy experience. Keep the feedback coming!