How can I delete my account?
If you'd like to delete your Khan Academy account, follow these steps:
- Log in and select your Profile Name found in the top-right corner of the page.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu
- Once in the Settings page, scroll down and select Delete your account.
If you log back in within 24 hours, your account will not be deleted. The account will restore itself and you will be notified of this through an email.
Another thing to keep in mind is that if you have a child's account linked to your account, you will see a message stating under Delete account:
"You must delete all of your child accounts before deleting your own account".
Child accounts can be deleted on the same page by following these steps:
- In the Settings page, scroll up to Child accounts
- Select Settings, found on the right side of your child's account
- Scroll down and click on Delete (child account username)
Once you have deleted the necessary child account(s), you should be able to go back to your account settings and delete your own account.
Note: Deleting your account is a permanent action that will delete all progress and put a lock on your username. Your account cannot be restored once deleted.
After deletion, the same email address can be used to create another account, but a different username will be required.
If you encounter any issues, please send a request to our support team from your Khan Academy account. Also, please include your username, current number of energy points, and a detailed description of the issue.